Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Salamanca: Day One

Today was our first day in Salamanca. I met my host mom and she's really nice and very "hip" and a little out there haha. She's probably in her 40s but dresses like she's in her 20s (gucci bag and 4 inch purple pumps included). But I moved into my room and I actually feel kind of settled which is nice. My apartment is really close to La Plaza Mayor (which is basically the center of everything) and to all of my classes, so it's really convenient. AND the apartment has wireless which is really exciting. I would post pictures of my room but I just realized I left my camera cord at home so pictures will have to wait until I can find a cord unfortunately.

So today's update is this: I've been in Salamanca for all of 8 hours and I love it already. Tons of shopping (uh-oh), people walking around all the time, and good food. I will have to get used to the crazy schedule though. Dinner at 9 or 930 and going out til 3 or 4 in the morning? This could be difficult with classes. P.S. people even walk around with their babies and small kids until midnight or so. It's crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay I'm glad you're having fun! It's definitely weird about kids basically having no bedtime, and aren't they cute in all their crazy matching dresses and bows? What's been your favorite food so far?
    -Kara

    ReplyDelete