Monday, August 31, 2009

Stuck in an Elevator

Today started off a little rough. I woke up and had a terrible stomachache and was taking the elevator to tell my program director that I didn't feel well and I didn't think I could go on our museum tour today...and then the elevator stopped in between the first floor and ground level. I was by myself in there and I sat there for a minute or two hoping that the door would magically open and of course it didn't. So I had to hit the emergency bottom and get rescued by some maintenance man and of course when he opened the door my whole group was standing right there. Great. So I went on the trip anyway to avoid more embarrassment...too bad that plan failed. I got to the museum and immediately felt like I was going to pass out and had to go back to the hotel. Oh well. After a quick nap I was ready to go again.

We went on a tour of Madrid (with our program leader who talks wayyyyyy too much) and saw all these crazy street performers like a lady covered in fruit and a human pinata (I forgot my camera today but I'll post someone else's pictures later). Oh yeah and water glass players are the curb side guitar players of Spain haha.

I got my Spain cell phone today so I feel like a real person again. And now I am currently in a cafe trying to get used to the weird meal schedule here. Dinner doesn't start til 9pm! Adios for now. More to come later (and hopefully with pictures!)

1 comment: