Friday, September 18, 2009

Always something interesting in Salamanca: Los Novatos

In Spain there's a tradition called Los Novatos at the beginning of each academic year in the universities. Basically, if you live in a dorm they just tell you what you have to do and you do it. It could be anything, like dressing in pajamas or crazy outfits, or whatever and running around the city singing songs. Last night we were walking around the city and the streets were covered in fake used pads, gross.

Anyway they are pretty entertaining to watch and I think it's hilarious because I'm pretty sure that would be considered hazing in the US. I wish we weren't such babies in the states! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of Los Novatos, but you can use your imagination.

In other news, Princess Letizia was here yesterday and I had no idea. But she'll be back with the Prince on the 29th, so I'll be sure to find her then.

Adios for now!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps it was the princess who lost her pads! Why haven't you had to participate in Los Novatos? Only freshmen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep only freshmen...oops i guess i forgot that part in my description!

    ReplyDelete