Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tired and Jet Lagged...but in Madrid!

So I made it. I borded my flight on time and left Newark around 10pm last night. Unfortunately my plan to sleep the entire 7 and a half hours was quickly destroyed. Between the drink cart going past at least 20 times and very overweight man falling over into my seat, sleep wasn't happening. So I arrived in Madrid at 10:45 (4:45 in the states) and quickly ate our "breakfast" on the plane of 4 grapes, 2 melon squares, and a toasted hot dog bun that was supposed to pass as a croissant and a cup of coffee and off I went. Costums and my cab ride to the hotel went smoothly. And as soon as I got to the hotel 4 other people from my trip were waiting in the lobby and laughing at me struggling with my suitcases. Anyway, everyone seems really chill and we've already walked around Madrid a bit. I'll be in Madrid for another day and then off to Salamanca to meet my home stay! This is it for internet access until then, so more to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment